Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Effects of Kodachrome's demise

  1. #1
    Inactive Member etimh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2005
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    So, one important issue that seems to be hovering around the discussion of K40's demise is the fact that a great many cameras won't be able to expose the film properly. What exactly is this all about? If your camera is set for either 40 or 160 (that's what my manual implies) is it now obsolete? or does it just require a lot of extra work and setting to get the exposure right? If this move by Kodak makes a whole generation of cameras obsolete or prohibitively difficult to work with, I think it will be a real tragedy. Tim

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't believe the battle is officially over. A super-8 film made finalist at Cannes in the short film contest. It was shot with Kodachrome 40.

    I think both Ektachrome and Kodachrome stocks could survive and I think it was a mistake to link the release of Ektachrome to Kodachrome's apparent discontinuance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •